Uncruise is a small ship adventure company started in 1996. They sail in Alaska, Galapagos, Hawaii, Latin America, Mexico, the Pacific Northwest. And if you’re feeling a river cruise, they’ve got one right here in the US – Columbia & Snake Rivers.
The Columbia & Snake rivers is the recreational mecca of the rivers. For the adventurer, you can explore by kayak, raft, skiff, swim or a hike.
This cruise is not a sit on the sideline cruise. You’re in the middle of it all. Each day the great outdoors calls: Coulees (pronounced coolees) and canyons, evergreen forests, and dramatic basalt (busalts) cliffs. You can explore the rivers’ trails by foot or by bike, and along the shore by kayak and raft. Or you can opt to focus on wine, craft beer, and culinary touring and tasting at vineyards, wineries, breweries, and cideries. The areas along the Columbia and Snake rivers are like California’s Sonoma Valley winemaking region. It is a blossoming wine region and the quality of wine is astounding! There are new award-winning wineries opening all the time.
Plus, get a dose of history and geology. Follow the path of Lewis and Clark from desert to rainforest.
There are 2 itineraries:
Rivers of Adventure – 7 night cruise from Portland, Oregon to Clarkston, Washington (or you can do the reverse).
- River rafting trip
- Hike, kayak, swim, and skiff at: Palouse Falls State Park, Columbia Hills State Park, and Ft. Clatsop, a Lewis and Clark National Historical Park
- Multnomah Falls walk and visit
- Jet boat ride into Hells Canyon National Recreation Area
- Bike (or shuttle) and wine outing in Hood River Valley
- Rowena Overlook hikes at Tom McCall Nature Preserve
- Transit eight locks and tour the Bonneville Dam Visitor Center
- Presentation by a Nez Perce tribal member
- Narration by natural and cultural history guides
Rivers of Wine & Culinary – 7 night cruise from Portland round trip.
- Onboard sommelier (sumulyay) and farm to table culinary demos
- Winery tours in Washington and Oregon AVAs: Columbia Gorge, Walla Walla, Red Mountain, Willamette Valley
- Cruise through the heart of the Columbia River Gorge
- Wine, craft brews, kombucha, and cider tastings
- Wine-pairing lunch and cooking demo at Walter Clore Wine & Culinary Center
- Food and beverage demo with a local chef in Astoria
- Local culinary delights at historic Gesa Power House Theater
- Rodin sculptures, European paintings, Native artifacts, and Northwest art at the Maryhill Museum
How will you be getting from point A to point B? On the S.S. Legacy which is a 90 passenger replica of an early 20th century coastal steam ship with a Victorian look and feel. If is a wonderful ship!
Uncruise also has some fantastic theme cruises set for 2020.
There’s an Insiders theme cruise, here you’ll be taken behind the scenes with people who live and breathe in the places you explore.
If you love birds, there are Birding cruises, with birding experts on board.
And if you have a love of photography as I do, there are some great photography cruises with the pros .
Uncruise is all about small ships, BIG adventures. Their small ships are intimate with no more than 90 guests on any itinerary. Guides have vast and deep experience, plus an impressive collection of advanced degrees in curiosity peaking subjects from whales to fungi to geology.
If you have any questions on Uncruise, or anything else, please feel free to reach out to us 7 days a week.