In the old days of cruising, when I say this, I mean in the last decade or so, a cruises ship was the destination. You booked a cruise for all the activities on board (and the food). Sometimes, you didn’t even get off the ship at your ports of call. More and more, people craved something different from their cruise. Better food and more of an enriching experience.
After all, a ship can access some of the worlds most intriguing and unique ports of call. But sometimes a day is not enough to experience a destination. You need more time to explore.
Seabourn has taken this to a new level.
Seabourn is an ultra luxury cruise line that takes you to all 7 continents with top notch service and intimate ships.
They introduced 4 new Seabourn Journeys in 2020 to exceptional destinations in Europe. These are extensions that you can add to your cruise before or after your voyage. These are not your ordinary single day excursions from the ship. They can last from 6 to 13 days.
These journeys enable you to combine exceptional land and sea experiences seamlessly. They’re kept small, between 2 and 10 guests. This offers a more intimate and personalized adventure.
There are 14 options and most visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- UNESCO Banff National Park & The Rocky Mountaineer
- UNESCO SOUTH AMERICA: RIO, IGUAZU FALLS & BUENOS AIRES
- UNESCO Splendors Of Peru: Lima, Cuzco & Machu Picchu
- UNESCO Sydney, The Red Centre & Great Barrier Reef
- UNESCO Lakeside Gems Of The Swiss Alps
- UNESCO Treasures Of Tuscany
- UNESCO Cambodia: Phnom Penh & The Temples Of Angkor
- UNESCO Treasure Of China: Beijing, Xi’an & Hong Kong
- UNESCO India’s Golden Triangle: The Taj Mahal & Jaipur
- UNESCO Imperial Heritage Of Europe
- South Africa: Cape Town & Kruger Park Safari Lodge
- South Pole Quest
- The Denali Experience 2020
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
These are some fantastic pre and post cruise options. Many cruise lines offer extensions, although not all on this grand level. Whether you book your extension with the cruise line or set something up on your own, I always recommend adding a couple days before and or after.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write us or call 305-814-8184.