So, how many people were excited that Hallmark Channel just recently announced that they will play Hallmark Christmas movies year-round! I know several members of my family were super excited for that.
It may be a bit early in the year to get excited for Christmas, but Tauck is giving you and your family a bigger reason to start that countdown! By the way, it’s 316 as of today…
Tauck has announced a family river cruises for 2019 on the Danube river. It’s the Holiday Magic Danube Family River Cruise. The itinerary starts in Munich and sails eastbound to Budapest on an 8-day river cruise.
Your family will discover Europe’s 700-year-old holiday markets tradition in historic town centers, decorated, lit up, and brimming with the sights, flavors, scents, and music of the season.
Magic’s in the air along with the aromas of roasting sausages, gingerbread, cinnamon, hot gluhwein, crackling fires, and evergreens.
Sightseeing is designed for all generations to enjoy together – in Oberndorf, home of “Silent Night”… at Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna and magnificent Melk Abbey… in Old Town Bratislava with medieval games and a scavenger hunt… and in Budapest, “the Pearl of the Danube.”
Your family will toast the season during a Tauck Exclusive evening at a private palace in Vienna with dinner, a performance, and a waltzing lesson!
River Cruise Includes:
- Gratuities to ship staff, drivers, local guides, Tauck Directors, and Tauck Cruise Director
- Tauck’s private shore excursions and distinctive inclusions valued at $2,115
- A Tauck Exclusive evening at a private Viennese palace – with dinner, entertainment, and a waltzing lesson
- Visit to Oberndorf, birthplace of the carol “Silent Night”
- A visit to Baroque Salzburg and, weather permitting, a funicular ride up to the city’s hilltop fortress
- In Passau, a choice of a walking tour of Old Town and a sweets-making workshop at a local café; a guided geo-caching game in Old Town; or a guided hike with a holiday theme and storytelling
- In the Wachau Valley, a choice between a guided visit to Melk Abbey or a walking tour of Old Town Krems; and a choice between a wine tasting or a hike to Kuenringer Castle in Dürnstein (weather permitting)
- Visits to Schönbrunn Palace and the Prater amusement park in Vienna
- Medieval games, a walking tour, and a scavenger hunt in Old Town Bratislava
- A tour of Budapest taking in the castle district, Fisherman’s Bastion, Heroes Square, and more
- Traditional European holiday dinner and events aboard the riverboat
- Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- 20 meals (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners); service charges, admission fees, taxes, porterage, and applicable fuel surcharges
There are only 2 family sailings and they will book up quickly! Call or email us for a quote or if you have questions!